What is Marijuana
How is it used?
Marijuana is smoked in the form of a cigarette also called a joint or a nail, it is sometimes smoked after being placed inside of hollowed-out cigars called blunts, mixed into foods and even as a tea.
Why do people use Marijuana?
Most people who use weed to experience a sense of mild euphoria and relaxation, or the colloquial named referred to as a “high.” Cannabis causes changes in the user’s mood and also affects how they think and perceive the environment. This drug came make watching a documental of animals a whole new experience.
As we know all drugs have short and long term effects, and Marijuana is not the exception so I will list them below:
The Short-term Effects
• Feeling of well-being;
• Loss of inhibitions;
• Decreased nausea;
• Increased appetite;
• Loss of co-ordination;
• Bloodshot eyes;
• Dryness of the eyes, mouth, and throat;
• Anxiety and paranoia.
The Long-term Effects
• Increased risk of respiratory diseases associated with smoking, including cancer;
• Decreased memory and learning abilities;
• Decreased motivation in areas such as study, work or concentration.
Marijuana Fun and Disturbing Facts:
-Eskimos have 100 words for snow; Americans have more than 200 words for marijuana.
Bud. Chiba. Dank. Dope. Ganja. Grass. Herb. Mary Jane. Pot. Reefer. Trees. Weed. Kush. Chronic. Nug. And so on.
-Legalizing pot would generate $8.7 billion in tax revenue annually.
According to a Cato Institute study, taxes similar to those imposed on cigarettes and alcohol would lead to huge economic gains. The money used to regulate pot use and maintain incarceration of offenders ($800,000 a year) would also be saved.
-Americans grow 22 million pounds of marijuana each year.
Five states – California, Kentucky, Hawaii, Tennessee, and Washington – grow 80 percent of it. One third is grown indoors. The annual value comes out to $35.8 billion.
– H. (n.d.). Is marijuana addictive? Retrieved November 18, 2016, from https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive
– Learn About Marijuana: Factsheets: What is Cannabis? (n.d.). Retrieved November 18, 2016, from http://learnaboutmarijuanawa.org/factsheets/whatiscannabis.htm
– What You Need to Know About Drugs: Marijuana. (n.d.). Retrieved November 18, 2016, from http://kidshealth.org/en/kids/know-drugs-marijuana.html
– Henry, N. (2015). 25 Fun Facts About Marijuana. Retrieved November 18, 2016, from http://www.craveonline.com/mandatory/1061510-25-fun-facts-about
– Marlboro Now Sells Marijuana Cigarettes. (n.d.). Retrieved November 18, 2016, from http://www.pulse.lk/2015/11/20/marlboro-now-sells-marijuana-cigarettes/
– Can Marijuana Help You Quit Cigarettes? Study Says Yes. (2013). Retrieved November 18, 2016, from http://www.leafscience.com/2013/11/01/can-marijuana-help-quit-cigarettes-study-says-yes/
-Marijuana vs Cigarettes Weed Memes – Weed Memes. (2015). Retrieved November 18, 2016, from http://weedmemes.com/2015/03/17/marijuana-vs-cigarettes-weed-memes/